BIOFerm USA, Inc., a Madison, WI based company, is hiring a Junior Plant Operator for the operation of a 1.3 MW manure digester near Oshkosh, WI.
Essential Job Functions:
- Perform biogas plant operations as instructed by Plant Manager
- Monitor feeding levels and make adjustments as necessary
- Monitor biological plant parameters, e.g. pH value, to prevent digester upset
- Perform routine maintenance tasks, e.g. CHP oil change and routine greasing
- Assist in scheduling major maintenance work including scheduling outside contractors
- Assist in ordering and purchasing plant maintenance consumables, e.g. engine oil, lubricants, wear and tear parts, etc.
- Follow standard safety procedures to protect yourself, other employees and surrounding environment
- Maintain operating logs and assist in compiling weekly reports for owner
- Perform other tasks as assigned
Competencies & Qualifications:
- Background in Agricultural and/or Mechanical Manufacturing or related field
- Knowledge and experience with biological aspects of anaerobic digestion
- Experience working on a dairy farm is a plus
- Experience or knowledge of working in explosive environments
- Experience working on a job site performing hands-on tasks
- Ability and experience using hand and electrical tools and operate heavy machinery
- Ability to work at heights
- Ability to lift at least 100 lbs.
- Ability to troubleshoot and think outside the box
- Possess analytical problem solving skills
- Experience working with plant control systems or high comfort level working with computers
- Experience with data manipulation using spreadsheets and databases
- Ability to comprehend semi-technical journals and manuals
- Self-starter and able to schedule tasks as efficiently as possible
- Excellent verbal communication and writing skills
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays as needed
This is a full-time position, with at least 32 hours a week. BIOFerm™ offers a comprehensive benefits package.
The applicant must have a clean health record. Conditions that could impair vehicle operation, reaction time or impair judgment would disqualify an applicant from this position.
To apply, please submit your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to email@example.com