Monday , 26 September 2016

FEMA DENIES WISCONSIN’S REQUEST FOR DISASTER ASSISTANCE FROM EFFECTS OF LAST WINTER

FEMA had previously denied the state’s request for disaster declaration, and WRWA learned on Friday that they had also denied the state’s appeal of the earlier decision. This means that Wisconsin communities will have to shoulder the full cost of the tens, if not hundreds of millions of dollars in damages and repair costs due to the effects of last winter. If declared a disaster situation, the federal government would have covered 75% of the damage costs with the state picking up the remaining 25%. http://wjon.com/feds-expand-minnesota-flood-disaster-declaration/

Comments are closed.