Project Manager (Chemical Feed Equipment)
Hawkins, Inc. is a formulator, manufacturer, blender, distributor, and sales agent for thousands of industrial chemicals and reagent grade laboratory chemicals sold to municipalities and businesses throughout the Central United States. Thousands of organizations across a variety of industries have depended on Hawkins for the chemical products they need since 1938.
ABOUT HAWKINS WATER TREATMENT GROUP
The Hawkins Water Treatment Group supplies products to customers in 18 states across the central U.S. Utilizing a route salesperson approach, we provide products and equipment to treat drinking water, municipal and industrial wastewater, industrial process, agricultural, and non-residential swimming pool water. The Equipment Group supplies chemical feed equipment to accurately and safety handle the products Hawkins provides. The Water Treatment Group has an excellent reputation and a strong operational capacity to deliver expertise and customer satisfaction, and we are looking to continue our track record of successful growth.
ABOUT THE JOB
Working from a home-based office in Eastern Wisconsin, the Project Manager is a front-line customer-focused leader who works to understand project needs and manages service expectations. The Project Manager is responsible for networking with their clients to identify and define projects, develop and negotiate proposals as well as maintain quality products and processes to ensure the work remains on-track and is delivered according to customer project scope, schedule and budget.
- Develop project specifications with consulting engineers and customers to create safe, cost-effective designs that meet the client’s needs.
- Work with contractors to insure correct installation of chemical feed equipment to safely meet the client’s needs, create positive community relations and future business.
- Install and calibrate equipment during the commissioning process, as well as trouble-shoot or rework existing equipment.
Sales and Sales Support:
- Order and review plans and specifications and prepare bid packages for projects that meet the client’s needs and lead to future business; provide quotes and follow up.
- Develop relationships with current customers, and network to seek out new customer opportunities.
- Provide cross-functional technical sales support with both Industrial Sales and Water Treatment Sales focusing on chemical feed equipment as well as tanks and mixers used in chemical storage
- Support consulting engineers and technical sales representatives in the promotion and sale of chemical feed equipment to customers.
- Provide solutions and technical trouble-shooting for both internal and external customers.
- Internal: Develop, maintain and/or lead general training and product selection for sales staff.
- External: Provide Operator training during the start-up process.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering or equivalent experience in engineering and/or water and wastewater treatment preferred.
- 5+ years of experience working with chemical feed equipment and controls preferred.
- 5+ years of experience with electronic control equipment required.
- Proficiency reading and understanding blueprints and schematics required.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products required; Filemaker and AdobePro experience preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required.
- Demonstrated problem solving ability with root cause analysis required.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record
- Ability to travel to project sites daily with 40% overnight travel
- Ability to identify and solve customer problems, needs and issues.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50lbs. 10-20 feet up to 10 times/day; ability to lift and carry up to 10 pounds, frequently.
- Ability to sit, stand, and climb stairs for up to 12 hours per day.
- Ability to work in facilities where temperatures may range from 45 up to 105 degrees Fahrenheit; as well as work outside in all weather conditions (all four seasons).
- Able to perform manual dexterity tasks.
- Occasional turning, twisting, stooping, bending, and reaching.
WORK FOR THE BEST!
Hawkins offers a competitive compensation and benefit package and is an award-winning employer and organization! Learn more about us at www.hawkinsinc.com (NASDAQ: HWKN).