SALARY: $51,000 base salary and ability to negotiate based on qualifications & experience
OPENING DATE: Currently open
CLOSING DATE: Continuous recruitment until position is filled
The Village of Wrightstown (population 2,937), located in Brown and Outagamie counties, is accepting applications for the position of Village Clerk-Treasurer. This position is a department head exempt level position, responsible for performing various functions of the offices of Village Clerk and Village Treasurer as defined by State Statutes and Municipal Ordinances. Certification as a Municipal Clerk and Municipal Treasurer or working toward such certification is required.
Direct and operate the functions of accounting, elections, payroll, accounts receivable and payable, receipts and deposits, and investment of public funds. Take and prepare minutes of the Village Board and other meetings as required. Post meeting agendas as required, including the Village’s website. Assist in preparing the annual budgets for the General, Water, and Sewer funds. Assist with grant applications and track and perform all associated paperwork for Village and Utility borrowing. Gather and report tax rate detail subsequent to the generation of annual tax bills. Create adjusting entries, prepare for elections, setup and related reports. Handle annexation notices as required by State Statutes. Maintain records assigned as custodian and advise other department heads on record retention requirements. Provide assistance to all officials for the good of the Village. All other reasonable duties assigned.
- Supervise, arrange for additional training/cross training of Deputy Clerks.
- Invest public funds, transfer funds as necessary, and wire payments for debt payments.
- Prepare required pre-assessment project notices to impacted property owners and levy special assessments when project is completed.
- Assemble information packets to accompany meeting agendas for Village Board and Staff.
- Attend meetings and take minutes of the Village Board and other bodies.
- Register voters, maintain well trained poll workers, conduct all elections, and enter data into the WisVote (SVRS) software system.
- Issue licenses and permits.
- Become familiar with, and be prepared to field questions on Village Ordinances.
- Operate efficiently Windows Office software such as Word and Excel as well as specialized software for various accounting functions.
- This position reports to the Village Administrator.
All serious candidates MUST submit a fully-completed Village Application for Employment form, References, Resume and Cover Letter (including driver’s license and social security number for background checks). Application form, with a full job description for all qualified candidates, are available at the Clerk/Treasurer’s Office at Village Hall, 352 High Street, Wrightstown, WI 54180; or by visiting the Village website at www.wrightstown.us. Questions can be answered at 920-532-5567. Submit all your completed documents to the Village of Wrightstown, Administrator, 352 High Street, Wrightstown, WI 54180, Continuous recruitment until position is filled. Qualified applicants will be notified by phone for a potential interview during the application period to expedite the hiring process. The Village of Wrightstown is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Contact: Travis Coenen, Village Administrator (920) 532-5567 x-13