Johnsonville Sausage Job Posting
Wastewater Treatment Operator 3rd Shift
You will be directly responsible for the safe operation and maintenance of two on-site wastewater treatment facilities. This position is responsible for ensuring the facilities have the capacity and ability to support an expanding business and operate within permit requirements.
- Inspect and maintain all mechanical and electrical equipment as well as assist in the preventative maintenance of the facilities.
- Collect and arrange samples in preparation for laboratory analysis as required by the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources or as directed.
- Tabulate data and maintain records on system operations and compliance.
- Operate all equipment necessary for complete and effective wastewater treatment and system operation.
- Participate in communication with team leaders in various departments and company leadership
- Assist in WI DNR required drinking water sampling and reporting.
- Various duties as assigned by department leader.
- National Career Readiness Certificate required
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required, Associate degree in Wastewater/Water treatment preferred
- Minimum of 2 years experience in the operation of a wastewater treatment facility including wastewater operations, collection systems, and lift stations
Skills and Competencies
- Must be able to lift up to 55 pounds on a regular basis
- Must be willing to work in outdoor working conditions
- Must be willing to share skills to help others develop, and possess excellent communication skills
- Must be able to work at heights of 30 feet, or greater, above the ground
- Member must be highly motivated, willingness to provide/share ideas and solutions, and possess a high level of expectations
- Committed/Provide a High Level of Detail and Pride towards equipment maintenance, general housekeeping and maintaining all facility /utility areas in a neat/orderly fashion
- Grade II Wastewater Operator Certification is preferred
- Ability to obtain sub-classes for Primary Settling (A), Activated Sludge (C), Disinfection (E), Mechanical Sludge (G), Filtration (H), Phosphorus removal (I), Laboratory (J), and Chemical Treatment (K) within 24 months of hire (Grade 2).
- Ability to obtain “Small Water System Operator” certification within 12 months of hire
- Experience with electrical and mechanical systems and Operator level Preventative Maintenance
- Solid understanding of the activated sludge process and phosphorus removal process/systems
- Understanding and ability to collect samples and knowledge of routine laboratory and testing procedures
- Strong interpersonal, multitasking and organizational skills in a team environment
- Work experiences that demonstrate Johnsonville’s Core Values: Integrity, Teamwork, Continuous Improvement, and Innovation
- Knowledgeable in regulatory compliance (safety, DNR, EPA)
- Proficiency with, at a minimum, Microsoft Excel, Word, and Lotus Notes
- Demonstrated desire to learn, grow and take on increasing responsibility.
- External Candidates Only: Ability to pass a pre-employment, post offer drug screen, physical and background check.
|Location:||Wastewater Treatment Plant|
|Hours:||3rd shift 12am-8:30am to start. Possible schedule change to 8pm-4:30am in the future. (Overtime as production demands)|
|Member Status:||Full time|
How to Apply:
External candidates: Apply on line at http://jobs.johnsonville.com
We value the diversity of our workforce and we embrace the principles of Equal Opportunity Employment. M/F/Vet/Disability
Johnsonville values the service Veterans and their family members have given to our country. We support the hiring of returning service members and military spouses.
Johnsonville Sausage performs pre-employment, post offer drug screens, physicals and background checks on all external manufacturing candidates.