The City of Fond du Lac is accepting applications for the position of Water Utility Worker within the Department of Public Works Water Utility Division. The position is under general supervision to perform all duties necessary for the installation and maintenance of water facilities.
Specific duties include:
- assist in opening trenches
- making repairs to damaged mains, services, valves and hydrants
- tapping new water services
- install water valves and hydrants
- assist in backfilling of excavations
- saw-cut pavement
- operate dump truck hauling materials and equipment to/from the job site
- operate hydro-vacuum machine for mechanical excavation
- turn valves
- stock work vehicle with necessary supplies
- prepare disturbed area for restoration
- pour concrete curb & gutter, pavement and sidewalks
- repair landscape
- other duties and tasks as required
The position also requires the employee to be frequently available for emergency response, off-shift work.
Working knowledge of water distribution systems, construction and maintenance and associated equipment; a basic understanding of proper roadway and pavement repair; working knowledge of dump truck operation and maintenance; knowledge of motor vehicle laws; familiarity with construction zone safety practices and procedures; and ability to follow instructions. Possession of a valid Wisconsin Commercial “Class A” Driver’s License without air brake restrictions and with tanker endorsement.
Desirable Training and Experience:
Previous experience in performing manual work of a semi-skilled nature on construction and maintenance of underground facilities; graduation from high school or equivalent; multi-lingual a plus.
The City offers a comprehensive benefit package including health, dental and life insurance, as well as participation in the Wisconsin Retirement System. Starting salary range – $18.30 – $20.92. Deadline to apply: June 30, 2017 – 4:00 p.m.
Applications are available in the City Human Resources office on the 4th floor of the City-County Government Center, or by calling (920) 322-3624; as well as on the City website – www.fdl.wi.gov. Position is open until filled.
Equal Opportunity Employer