The Wisconsin Rural Water Association is seeking a qualified individual for the position of Assistant Director, with the goal of assuming the Executive Director position upon the retirement of the current Executive Director and approval of the WRWA Board of Directors.
The purpose of the Assistant Director is to assist the Executive Director in promoting the development and growth of the Wisconsin Rural Water Association. Primary activities of the position include, but are not limited to: public relations, association development, interim finance program administration, training & technical assistance program coordination, association publications, and general administration of all association activities.
To be considered for the position of Assistant Director, an ideal candidate will preferably have knowledge of the water & wastewater industries in Wisconsin, a college degree in business management, economics, or marketing, at least five years of association management experience, be a registered and experienced lobbyist, and have proven experience in training and leadership positions. Successful candidates must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, organizational talents and problem-solving abilities.
- Assists the Executive Director with the administration of all association activities and supervision of all association personnel.
- Serves as coordinator of all state-funded programs, including overseeing and development of state emergency response and security programs.
- Plans, organizes, directs, and supervises all association publications, websites, communications, and public relations efforts.
- Responsible for the coordination and maintenance of all membership information and activities such as dues invoicing and membership directories.
- Assists the Executive Director as staff advisor to all committees of the Board.
- Assists in developing position papers, special reports, reference materials, surveys, and other staff recommendations or program development ideas.
- Assists the Executive Director with the administration of Wisconsin Rural Water Finance Commission program.
- Assists the Executive Director with legislative and regulatory related activities.
Ability to operate a vehicle and a variety of office & industry related equipment in a safe & efficient manner, and to perform light to medium physical labor including the occasional lifting of heavy objects.
- Must be able to travel as needed to perform association related duties and to attend association & industry related training and events.
- Must hold a valid Wisconsin Driver’s license and maintain any state certifications as necessary.
- Must be able to follow written and oral direction from supervisory personnel as well as all employment policies, administrative procedures and requirements as listed in the Employee Manual.
- Required to maintain assigned association equipment and vehicles as needed
- Required to attend monthly staff and supervisory meetings as scheduled.
- Works a general 8-hour work day, however extra hours may be required on some days as necessary.
- Performs other activities and tasks as required by supervisory personnel.
If the Assistant Director assumes the position of Executive Director, he/she will be required to reside within 30 minutes travel time from the WRWA office in Plover, WI within one and one half years from the end of the 6-month probationary period in the Executive Director position.
The Assistant Director is an exempt position, reporting directly to the Executive Director and has supervision authority of all association personnel. Must have the ability to cooperate and communicate well with all association staff, Board, committees and the membership.
Has frequent contact with water system personnel, government personnel, elected officials, industry representatives and technical organizations.
Wages & Benefits
Starting salary between $70,000 – $80,000 depending on qualifications and experience. WRWA also offers a very good benefits package.
How to Apply
How to Apply: Send completed job application form and resume to the Wisconsin Rural Water Association, 350 Water Way, Plover, WI 54467 (Attn: Executive Director) or email the application and resume to: DLawrence@wrwa.org. A job application form can be found below.
Applications will be accepted until 4:00pm on Friday, September 30th, 2016
The Wisconsin Rural Water Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the WRWA will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective employees and incumbents to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.