|CITY OF RHINELANDER
invites applications for the position of:Water Distribution/Wastewater Collection System Maintenance Technician
|CLOSING DATE: 09/25/20 12:00 PM|
|SUMMARY OF JOB:|
|The Water Distribution System/Wastewater Collection System Maintenance Technician is responsible for the maintenance of the water distribution, sanitary and storm water collection systems. This employee shall routinely operate pieces of construction equipment and is also responsible for preventative maintenance duties. The employee will also properly locate, document and record utility construction and other activities. The employee shall work rotating weekend shifts as per the agreed work schedule.|
|ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:|
|· Operates heavy equipment, such as tractors, backhoes, front-end loaders, jetter, vac truck and other machinery, in a safe and effective manner in order to prevent the risk of injury, property damage or loss of life
· Performs daily safety and maintenance checks; responsible for preventative maintenance duties including lubrication and inspection of mechanical equipment; cleaning and installation of underground piping, valves, manholes and equipment to maintain proper operating conditions.
· Properly locate, document and record utility construction and other activities in online GIS (Geographic Information System) Mapping.
· Maintain buildings, structures and grounds
· Maintain accurate records online and elsewhere which are relative to the operations of the utility
· Perform “Diggers Hotline” requests
· Work independently or as part of a crew to complete various tasks
Perform other duties as directed by the Water Foreman or designated Lead man staff.
|JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:|
|· Knowledge of truck and equipment safety
· Knowledge & experience in equipment cleaning and general maintenance
· Knowledge of operation of backhoes, front-end loaders, vac truck, thawing equipment and other equipment
· Ability to read and write to record activities and maintain records
· Proficient in the use of computers, tablets or other technology as utilized by the department
· Ability to work independently or as a member of a team successfully
· Ability to work with the public and contractors in a way that represents the city favorably
· Knowledge in the operation, construction and maintenance of water distribution and sewer collection systems
· Ability to make joints of various types, drilling and tapping mains and installing any of the appurtenant parts of the water and sewer systems
· Knowledge of the maintenance and troubleshooting of the water and sewer systems.
· Knowledge of installing, testing, reading and repairing water meters
· Proficient in the use of electrical and other equipment used for thawing frozen portions of the water and sewer systems.
· Ability to adapt to periodic assignment to other tasks within the department and relating to other City departments.
· Ability to adapt to staff call up in emergency situations.
· Knowledge of the use of appropriate safety equipment
· Ability to work designated hours of the position, to include rotating weekend shifts
|APPLICATIONS MAY BE FILED ONLINE AT:
http://www.rhinelandercityhall.org135 S. Stevens St.
Rhinelander, WI 54501
715.365.8600 ext. 4
WATER DISTRIBUTION/WASTEWATER COLLECTION SYSTEM MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN