City of Fond du Lac is accepting applications for the position of Administrative Assistant within the Department of Public Works Wastewater Division. This full-time position reports to the Wastewater Superintendent, and supports all Wastewater utility staff as needed. The applicant must be capable of performing skilled and advanced technical work in the office with limited supervision in performing a variety of difficult and responsible work involved in the management of the administrative aspects of the Wastewater Collection and Treatment System, and in performing other related work as required.
Qualifications and/or knowledge and willingness to learn the following include:
- Provide support and personal assistance to the Superintendent and utility staff to assist them in performing the complex duties.
- Serve as liaison to management, staff and external contacts utilizing initiative and judgment to assure matters requiring attention are referred appropriately or handled in a timely manner including screening and triage of incoming inquiries; listening to individuals and directing them to appropriate resources to resolve issues. Ensure customer inquiries, questions and concerns are investigated, analyzed, resolved, and properly communicated in a manner that maintains positive customer relationships.
- Monitor and track divisional budget accounts, energy use, chemical use, and industry revenue. Assist work group to achieve utility financial goals by scrutinizing expenditures for errors and/or identifying avenues to reduce expenses.
- Coordinate and process all utility requisitions, accounts payable and accounts receivable invoices. Ensure all monthly and quarterly Waste Hauler, Industry and Industrial Pre-Treatment customer invoices are generated are accurate and are processed on time.
- Develop and/or maintain computer applications, including documents, forms, spreadsheets, charts, graphics, presentations, and databases. Maintain utility webpage. Establish and maintain work group filing system for all utility records.
- Establish and maintain harmonious working relationships with management, staff and external contacts.
- Adhere to City of Fond du Lac organizational and personnel policies and procedures and uphold the mission of the Fond du Lac Regional Wastewater Treatment and Resource Recovery Facility.
- Exhibit the mission, values and exceptional service standards of the City of Fond du Lac in daily activities, and perform job functions in accordance with policies.
Minimum Training and Experience:
Associate’s Degree in Administration or Accounting; 4 – 5 years administrative experience, or any combination of education and experience that provides equivalent knowledge, skills, and abilities; strong ability to function in a fast-paced dynamic work environment; able to meet deadlines and work under critical and stressful situations. Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Strong ability to utilize proficiency in Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, Outlook, and utilization of Internet.
BENEFITS: We offer a comprehensive benefit package including health, life, dental, and vision insurance; long-term disability; 457 and Roth retirement plans; and participation in the Wisconsin Retirement System. This continues to be one of the best-funded public employee retirement systems in the country. The financial strength of the WRS is attributable to its unique plan design, funding discipline, strong governance, and the effective investment strategies of the State of Wisconsin Investment Board. Relocation and Educational Assistance is also available. https://www.fdl.wi.gov/hr/employee-resources/benefits/.
PAID TIME OFF: We offer a generous paid time off package including 9 standard holidays, 5 floating holidays, sick leave (8 hours/month); and vacation schedule based on previous career and field experience.
SALARY RANGE: We offer a competitive compensation package ($22.86 – $26.13/hour) based upon knowledge, skills, and abilities with potential to receive additional step increases based on meeting and/or exceeding goals/expectations; annual COLA and step increases pending City Council approval of budgets; and future promotional opportunities in alignment with succession and career path.
If you are interested in this excellent opportunity, please submit a City application, or a detailed resume and/or cover letter describing your interest and experience as it relates directly to this position to Jackie Braatz (firstname.lastname@example.org) Open until filled.
Equal Opportunity Employer