City of Pewaukee has an opening in our Utility Division of the Department of Public works for a full-time Assistant Utility Manager. The purpose of this position is to work closely with the current Utility Manager as a succession plan for when the Utility Manager retires. The annual salary range is $76,336-$85,000 with a very generous benefits package.
Examples of the duties of this position include –
- Learn to develop, implement and enforce applicable policies, procedures, practices and ordinances; recommend adjustments in programs, activities, policies and objectives; oversee compliance with laws, regulations and standards that apply to utility operations, including DNR and PSC regulations, utility specifications, and other Wisconsin Administrative Code provisions.
- Assist with oversight of the planning, organizing and reviewing of daily and weekly work, advise and assist in operational issues, water distribution and sewer collection issues.
- Assist with oversight and participate in the preparation of required monthly, quarterly and annual reports, including the Consumer Confidence Report, Water Withdrawal Report, DNR Electronic Monitoring Reports (EMOR), monthly sewage flow reporting, Industrial Pretreatment Reports, Wastewater Compliance Maintenance report, and the Public Service Commission Water Report; assist with oversight of the maintenance of utility records, files and documentation.
- Assist in the review of engineering plans, specifications, and technical reports and analyses, including those involving water distribution and sewer collections, ensure compatibility with existing systems and facilities, and communicate findings to engineers, contractors, developers, builders, property owners and others as needed.
- Learn to manage and operate the Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) program to maintain a sufficient water supply and sewage pump station operation, monitor alarms and operational set points, and deploy staff as necessary.
- Assist with planning, preparing, monitoring and controlling the annual and capital Utility budgets; monitoring and approving expenditures, consultant and contractor payments; reviewing financial and performance data; presenting program expenditure requests; seeking and securing funding resources; recommending appropriate rate increases.
See full job description for a full list of duties.
Qualified applicants will have an Associate’s Degree in business, management, supervision or public administration; extensive experience working in a water and sewer utility, or equivalent combination of education and experience; as well as moderate experience supervising personnel. This position will also require the Wisconsin DNR Waterworks Groundwater and Distribution certifications and valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.
Completed applications are mandatory and can be found online at the Employment Opportunities page of the City of Pewaukee website, www.cityofpewaukee.us.
Applications will be reviewed as they come in therefore the requisition may end early.
Applications should be submitted prior to October 13, 2023.
The City of Pewaukee is an equal opportunity employer.