Our Public Works Department is offering an exciting opportunity in one of Wisconsin’s fastest growing communities; the City of Fitchburg is located in the greater Madison area. Residents enjoy Fitchburg’s suburban and country-like living, taking advantage of easy access to the metro area’s recreational and cultural activities.
The City of Fitchburg seeks a customer-focused Engineering professional to provide transportation engineering, planning and technical support to the Public Works department. We are seeking someone with the following competencies to join our talented Engineering team as our Senior Transportation Engineer:
- Through knowledge of Engineering principles including traffic engineering and maintenance of roadways;
- Ability to lead and engage our community and policy leaders to identify issues and cultivate informed consent decisions;
- Ability to interact with a diverse population, listening to differing perspectives and developing solutions; and
- Ability to explain technical engineering reasoning in a personal and understandable manner.
Education and/or Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college in civil or mechanical engineering or related field required.
- Five years of civil engineering or public works operational experience including, but not limited to: design of roads; sidewalks; and construction management of same desired; additional experience may substitute for education.
Licenses and Certifications Requirements:
- Registration as a Professional Engineer in the State of Wisconsin, or the ability to obtain such registration within twelve months of employment.
- Must possess a valid Wisconsin Driver’s License at time of appointment and maintain during course of employment.
The salary range for the position is $68,016.00 – $77,729.60 annually. We also offer an excellent benefit package!
Deadline to apply is Sunday, July 12, 2020.
In evaluating candidates for this position, the City may consider a combination of education, training, and experience which provides the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the essential duties of this position.