Village of Pewaukee Director of Public Works/Engineer
Due to the incumbent retiring, the Village of Pewaukee (pop. 8,215; approx. 4.5 sq. mi.) is seeking a progressive, energetic person to lead the Department of Public Works.
Responsibilities: The Director of Public Works reports to the Village Administrator and duties include managing building maintenance, engineering, water utility, sewer utility, sanitation, recycling, storm sewer, street, forestry, vehicle maintenance, and other public works projects and programs.
- Directs, supervises, and coordinates all public construction and maintenance projects
- Prepares project specifications, bid invitations, and reviews project cost estimates.
- Develops effective working relationships with the general public, contractors, vendors, public utilities, and State agencies.
- Performs engineering and land surveying designs, computation and drafting
- Presents information and responds to questions from clients, customers, and the public as needed.
- Coordinates and prepares a 10-year capital improvement program for annual review to aid in capital planning.
Qualifications: A Bachelor’s Degree in civil engineering and a minimum of six years of related public works and/or engineering operations are required.
Salary Range: $94,240 – $119,273 (DOQ).
Application Procedure: Applications are available on the Village of Pewaukee website at www.villageofpewaukee.com under Employment Opportunities. Interested candidates should submit a Village of Pewaukee employment application (required), letter of interest, resume, and a list of three professional references to Village Administrator, 235 Hickory St., Pewaukee, WI 53072 or email@example.com. Resumes without an application will not be considered. Confidentiality cannot be guaranteed for finalists.
Position open until filled.