City of Fond du Lac is accepting applications for the position of Electrician & Instrumentation Technician at its Wastewater Facility. This full-time position reports directly to the Maintenance & Municipal Facilities Foreman, and will be responsible for providing 24/7 availability to the City in ensuring proper operation of all storm/wastewater equipment and recognizing potential electrical failures and making corrections to prevent flooding.
Various duties, knowledge, and abilities include:
- Inspects, repairs, and maintains 4160 voltage and under electrical, electro-mechanical, and electronic operating and control systems, equipment, and fixtures at the plant and remote pumping stations.
- Inspects, maintains, and repairs wiring and lighting systems, electrical control equipment, meters, outlets, and panels; installs new electrical and electronic equipment.
- Tests and Operates WTRRF associated equipment to ensure proper electrical function.
- Repairs process pipelines, valves, gas pressure reliefs, drip traps, gauges, flame traps and related system components.
- Operates supplementary pumping equipment and portable generators under emergency conditions.
- Troubleshoots, repairs, and operates storm pump stations and sanitary lift stations.
- Troubleshoot different brands of uninterrupted power supplies, back-up power to all of the communication, programmable logic controllers, severs, and information systems.
- Assist in storm and sanitary station upgrades.
- Building system electrical repairs.
- Repair, maintain, and operate standby generators and 4160 switchgear.
- Diagnosing electrical/electronic problems involving electro mechanical equipment controlled by computer processors.
- Plant SCADA and motor control troubleshooting and repair.
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair radio telemetry for stations out in the collection system.
- Ability to interpret electrical engineering drawings.
- Ability to troubleshoot, repair, and operate system VFDs.
- Oral and written communications to ensure functions of storm/wastewater equipment.
- Work with others to discuss strategies in performing equipment work and coordinating efforts to operate efficiently.
- Stay abreast of newest technology to better the process equipment; ensure part availability to perform necessary repairs.
- Graduation from high school or equivalent, or electrical trade school graduate or equivalent training and experience. Engineering and electronics courses highly desirable.
- Associate Degree in Instrumentation Technology.
- Completion of specialized course in wastewater treatment.
- Journeyman or Master Electrician certification preferred.
- 2 years’ experience in Wastewater facility maintenance and operations including electrical and instrumentation systems, equipment, and fixtures.
- Ability to perform confined space entry work, and wear SCBA equipment.
- Possession of a valid Wisconsin Driver’s License.
- Trained in PLC, fire alarm systems, and OSHA preferred.
BENEFITS: We offer a comprehensive benefit package including paid time off; health, life, dental, and vision insurance; long-term disability; 457 and Roth retirement plans; and participation in the Wisconsin Retirement System. This continues to be one of the best-funded public employee retirement systems in the country. The financial strength of the WRS is attributable to its unique plan design, funding discipline, strong governance, and the effective investment strategies of the State of Wisconsin Investment Board. Relocation and Educational Assistance is also available. https://www.fdl.wi.gov/hr/employee-resources/benefits/
PAID TIME OFF: We offer a generous paid time off package including compensatory time in lieu of overtime, 9 standard holidays, 5 floating holidays, sick leave (8 hours/month); and vacation schedule based on previous career and field experience.
SALARY RANGE: We offer a competitive compensation package ($29.64 – $38.11/hour) based upon knowledge, skills, and abilities with potential to receive additional step increases based on meeting and/or exceeding goals/expectations; annual COLA and step increases pending City Council approval of budgets; and future promotional opportunities in alignment with succession and career path.
Position open until filled.
If you are interested in this excellent opportunity, please submit a resume describing your knowledge, skills and abilities; or an application to (email@example.com) – Jackie Braatz, HR Manager.
Additional information can be found under the following – https://www.fdl.wi.gov/hr/ and https://www.fdl.wi.gov/wastewater/