City of Fond du Lac, Wisconsin, is a beautiful and thriving community of 44,678 located at the foot of Lake Winnebago. Fond du Lac is a great place to live and work and its recreational opportunities are second-to-none. In addition, Fond du Lac is only an hour away from Green Bay, Milwaukee, and Madison and all those communities have to offer.
We are seeking a motivated, self-starting individual to fill the role of Engineering Technician II.
Ideal candidates will have the following skills:
- Knowledge of water distribution system. [mains, valves, services, hydrants, etc.]
- Experience in water main construction inspection [documentation, compliance]
- Highly organized, adept, and a critical thinker
- Strong, clear and concise communication both written and oral
- Knowledge and past experience with CAD, GIS, GPS technologies
- Independence (work without specific direction)
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Collaboration; work well with others and be adaptable to both field and office work
- Ability to strategically plan, prioritize, and adapt work goals in order to manage time and resources efficiently; doesn’t settle with status quo
Main Responsibilities: Water system design (CAD), system model updates (GIS), construction inspection (GPS), records keeping, site plan review, fire flows, paid on-call rotation.
Minimum Training and Experience: Graduation from high school or equivalent; previous technical training and/or relevant experience in civil engineering and water distribution; five or more years of engineering office or field experience and good communication skills. Associates degree is preferred; however, willing to train.
Benefits: We offer a comprehensive benefit package including health, life, dental, and vision insurance; long-term disability; 457 and Roth retirement plans; and participation in the Wisconsin Retirement System. This continues to be one of the best-funded public employee retirement systems in the country. The financial strength of the WRS is attributable to its unique plan design, funding discipline, strong governance, and the effective investment strategies of the State of Wisconsin Investment Board. Relocation and Educational Assistance is also available. https://www.fdl.wi.gov/hr/employee-resources/benefits/.
Paid Time Off: We offer a generous paid time off package including compensatory time in lieu of overtime, 9 standard holidays, 5 floating holidays, sick leave (8 hours/month); and vacation schedule based on previous career and field experience.
Salary Range: We offer a competitive compensation package ($28.94 – $32.85/hour) based upon knowledge, skills, and abilities with potential to receive additional step increases based on meeting and/or exceeding goals/expectations; annual COLA and step increases pending City Council approval of budgets; and future promotional opportunities in alignment with succession and career path.
If you are interested in this excellent opportunity, please submit a City application, or a detailed resume and/or cover letter describing your interest and experience as it relates directly to this position to Jackie Braatz (firstname.lastname@example.org). Open until filled.
Equal Opportunity Employer