Village of Suamico is currently seeking a full time Engineering Technician II. The Village is a rapid growing, outlying community of the Green Bay Metropolitan Area.
This career is an opportunity for an Engineering professional to work with a dedicated staff to make a difference in a growing community that strives for excellent service to its residents and businesses. The Public Works Department includes an Engineering Department; Water, Sanitary and Storm Water Utilities, and Streets; provides and maintains safe transportation and park/recreational facilities.
The Engineering Department plans, designs and provides management for public construction projects in the Village. The Village is seeking applicants with a background in municipal engineering for a position performing utility and roadway planning, design, drafting, specification writing, estimating, permitting, construction inspection, and other administrative functions within the Public Works Department.
- Four (4) years of experience with design and construction inspection for street and utility construction, preferably municipal orientated.
- Knowledge of construction materials, methods and the procedures necessary for utility and roadway design and inspection.
- Ability to effectively read and utilize plans and specifications, maintain daily records, maintain schedules, coordinate multiple projects and other elements of engineering.
- Understanding of and experience with preparing construction plans, bids and all specifications.
- Must possess basic surveying skills and have a familiarity with construction staking, verification and setting of grades.
- Familiarity with construction material testing methods.
- Proficiency in software use including AutoCAD, Autodesk Civil 3D, Microsoft Office products, and others.
- Strong communication skills involving client/resident and contractor interaction, and report writing.
- Graduation with a 2 year associates degree in civil engineering technology from a recognized college or university.
This is an hourly position and includes an excellent benefit package. Starting pay ($25+) will vary depending on qualifications. A complete job description can be found on the Villages website at www.suamico.org.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and job application to Director of Public Works, Andy Smits, 12781 Velp Avenue, Suamico, WI 54313 or by email at email@example.com by 3:00 pm, Tuesday, December 17, 2019.