Interested in a new career? Our Utility District Field Operator in Training position is perfect for someone looking to try a new path. Our Operators in Training work side by side with our Field Operator, learning all aspects of our Utility District on the job. We will provide necessary training for the required certifications and after two years, the Operators in Training will have all the necessary skills and training to become a Field Operator.
Among their many tasks, the Field Operators and Field Operators in Training are responsible for operating and maintaining Utility District equipment, cleaning and flushing the wastewater collections system, water distribution system and storm sewer system, and the installation and reading of water meters.
What we have to offer:
- The ability to serve your community and make a lasting impact on the Village of Caledonia
- Greater job security than in private industry
- The best and most secure pension system in the country
- Starting wage between $18.10 and $23.60 per hour plus annual merit increases.
- A great health insurance plan. Caledonia contributes 85% of the premium costs.
- Dental insurance with 50% covered by Caledonia.
- Sick leave- 1 day per month for each completed month of employment.
- Ten paid holidays AND two floating holidays per year.
- A generous vacation policy.
- Tuition reimbursement of 100% up to $2,000/per year.
- Voluntary vision and disability insurance plans.
- Life Insurance.
What we are looking for:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Valid Wisconsin Class D license without restrictions.
- Someone who lives within a 15 mile radius of the Utility District building located at 333 4 ½ Mile Rd.
- Possess or obtain within one year a valid Class B Commercial Driver’s License with tanker endorsement without restrictions.
- Possess or obtain within one year Water Distribution License, Bloodborne Pathogens, Confined Space Entry, and CPR/First Aid certifications. Training can be provided as necessary.
For a complete job description, go to https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/caledonia-wi/jobs/3229565/utility-district-field-operator-in-training; this is also where you can submit your resume. Please direct questions to Michelle Tucker at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The position is open until filled with first review of applicants on October 1, 2021.