Flygt Field Service Technician
Operations, Pewaukee, Wisconsin
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: Flygt Field Service Technician, Submersible Pumps, is responsible for trouble-shooting, service, repair and maintenance of Xylem products in a safe and efficient manner in a Xylem Service Center, customer job site or via phone.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Troubleshoot Flygt submersible and dry-pit pumps.
- Troubleshoot related electrical control panel/systems.
- Repair/rebuild/advise onsite customer as necessary and follow up and/or return equipment to the ACT service center for further evaluation/repair as necessary.
- Perform routine inspections, preventative maintenance and service various products as directed. Diagnose and report any wear/damage to the customer.
- Create an accurate and legible parts and repair list, manually or digitally, for assigned product. Review list of parts with customer and obtain approval to continue with servicing and repair.
- Test all repaired equipment for proper operation and quality.
- Perform preventative maintenance on and keep field service vehicle and equipment in proper working order.
- Perform start-up duties and ensure any problems are resolved and or addressed/reported.
- Troubleshoot system issues/failures and determine resolutions.
- Train new service or other shop personnel and customers, as needed, in service and/or other related standard work.
- Build relationships with customers
- Maintain a safe work environment by following EHS&S guidelines, policies and best practices.
- Participate in an on-call rotation schedule to assist customers after hours.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- High school diploma of equivalent required.
- Two-year Electro/Mechanical technical training or equivalent preferred.
- Three to five years of experience and/or formal training or combination of education and training
- Three to five years of equipment maintenance experience in wastewater collection or treatment systems
- Ability to diagnose complex mechanical and electrical issues
- Thorough understanding of the methods, materials, tools and techniques used in equipment repair and maintenance
- Advanced knowledge of 12v and 24v DC electric and circuit testing skills
- Advanced knowledge of 120v to 480v AC systems and motors.
- Advanced knowledge of 3-phase and single-phase systems and motors
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision; self-motivated and self-directed
- Working knowledge of iPad and/or Tablet for PDF viewing
- Ability to safely operate hand tools, power tools and lifting equipment
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers, co-workers and managers both verbally and in writing
- Ability to demonstrate logical troubleshooting processes
- Ability to comfortably operate in virtual reality service scenarios
- Familiarity with multi-meter and megger testing
- Basic understanding of pump station electrical controls and monitoring devices
- Knowledge of variable frequency drives (VFD) and/or soft start system
- Knowledge of SCADA controls and integration of MODBUS communication
- DOT Medical card preferred
Please apply for this well-paying position at https://www.xylem.com/en-us/careers/career-opportunities/mobile-technician2/ or contact Larry Roy at email@example.com if you are ready for a challenging and rewarding career opportunity.