The Kegonsa Sanitary District is looking for a Full-time Service Operator with maintenance skills to oversee all aspects of the daily operations of the District. This position will include on-call responsibilities in a rotating schedule and include covering customers and equipment in the Pleasant Springs Sanitary District. There is a shared labor agreement with the Pleasant Springs Sanitary District.
Primary Duties Include:
- Scheduling (assisting with) the repair of wastewater pumps and related equipment;
- Report to KSD commissioners or the PSSD District Manager on activities, problems, or concerns affecting their respective districts;
- Supervise PSSD shared-employees when on duty at KSD;
- Provide immediate response to emergency situations;
- Provide unplanned emergency repairs;
- Conduct and document regular inspections of district sewer system;
- Provide preventive maintenance on district infrastructure;
- Plan and supervise all vendor services for KSD (as needed for PSSD);
- Maintain district equipment, building, and grounds.
Requirements: Exceptional organizational and management skills; effective written and verbal communication skills; expected to interact with customers in a courteous and professional manner; ability to work independently; basic mechanical aptitude and familiarity with hand and power tools; knowledge and experience with pumps and electrical controls; driver’s license and good driving record. Drug test may be required and background checks will be conducted.
Must be able to respond to on site emergencies within 30-minutes. The Kegonsa Sanitary District office is located at 2240 U.S. Highway 51, Stoughton, WI 53589.
Compensation: $18.00-$21.00 per hour pay range commensurate with training and experience plus on-call compensation. This position includes benefits and is eligible for the Wisconsin Retirement System.
Please submit resume with education and work experience by September 1, 2018 to:
PO Box 486
2240 U.S. Highway 51
Stoughton, WI 53589
An equal opportunity / affirmative action employer.