The Village of Redgranite is now accepting applications for a Full-time Lead Maintenance Worker position. Applications may be obtained at the Redgranite Village Hall between the hours of 8:00 A.M. and 4:30 P.M., Monday thru Friday. Applications will be accepted until 4:30 P.M. on Friday, March 13, 2020. The Village of Redgranite is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Effectively lead, train and schedule work for the maintenance crew.
- Train other maintenance employees in the operation of equipment and safety practices.
- Discuss work to be performed with Village President, assign tasks to individuals at the work site; monitor work in progress at the worksite; direct corrections and modifications as appropriate.
- Perform manual work such as shoveling and digging.
- May be expected to perform work in extreme weather conditions and respond to calls 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Perform general village maintenance including, but not limited to, repairing village owned sidewalks, ditch mowing, and culverts.
- Maintain and improve parks (restrooms, ball diamonds, playground equipment, shelters, sidewalks, etc.)
- Perform snow and ice control/removal when required- using Village snow removal equipment.
- Performs routine preventative maintenance and repair procedures on Village buildings and mechanical equipment.
- Performs other related duties as needed.
- Any combination of training and work experience that indicates possession of the skills, knowledge and abilities listed in the complete job description. (Will be given to all applicants along with the job application).
- Must possess and maintain a valid Class A Commercial Driver’s License.
- Experience in a street maintenance position with similar duties and responsibilities.