City of Fond du Lac is accepting applications for the position of Wastewater Maintenance Mechanic. This full-time position reports directly to the Maintenance Foreman and will perform technical, skilled, and manual work at the WTRRF and lift stations. It requires the ability to effectively apply specialized knowledge in the maintenance and operation of wastewater treatment and related equipment, and is responsible for inspection, installation, maintenance, and repair of mechanical machinery.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Dismantles, repairs, and reassembles mechanical equipment such as centrifugal pumps, plunger pumps, propeller pumps, rotary lobe pumps, gear reducers, compressors, unit heaters, etc.
- Repairs process pipelines, valves, gas pressure reliefs, drip traps, gauges, flame traps and related system components.
- Prepares and paints metal, wood, plastic and masonry surfaces and repairs structures.
- Cleans and lubricates pumps, motors, drive units, compressors, hoists, and other mechanical equipment.
- Operates oxygen-acetylene and arc welding equipment.
- Adjusts pump packings and repacks pumps.
- Assists electricians and performs general laborer duties as required.
- Assists with pre-treatment, industrial and outlying sewer group site maintenance.
- Operates light truck, loaders, mowers, pumps, compressors and related plant equipment.
- Operates supplementary pumping equipment under emergency conditions.
- Troubleshoots pump stations.
- Make repairs to equipment and assist others in repairs and maintenance as assigned.
- Ability to effectively observe system and detect equipment malfunctions and to report same accurately in oral and written form.
- Graduation from a two-year specialized training program in industrial or wastewater maintenance or wastewater treatment or equivalent training and experience.
- Possession of a valid Wisconsin Commercial Driver’s License without air brakes restriction.
- Ability to perform confined space entry work and a wide variety of duties involving physical strength and manual dexterity.
The City of Fond du Lac offers a benefit package including health and life insurance, as well as participation in the Wisconsin Retirement System. Starting salary will range from $23.73 – $25.09 based upon qualifications. Applications will be reviewed upon receipt with interviews scheduled after Friday, February 28, 2020. If you are interested in this excellent opportunity, please submit a completed application and resume describing your experience as it relates directly to this position, along with copies of required certifications.
You may obtain application materials by contacting City Human Resources at (920) 322-3624, or visiting https://www.fdl.wi.gov/hr/job-opportunities/