Maintenance Operator – City of Waukesha
SALARY: $52,560.00 – $70,955.00 Annually
OPENING DATE: 6/21/2019
CLOSING DATE: Until filled
This position performs skilled work to maintain the City’s wastewater treatment facilities and biosolids processing equipment. This position also maintains the lift stations and conveyance equipment.
Starting salary – $52,560; $70,955 achieved through merit increases.
EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
- Makes regular tours of lift stations to check equipment, report malfunctions and unsafe conditions
- Responds to alarms and emergencies at the plant and lift stations including operation of emergency generators and other equipment.
- Implements and executes the CMOM program; keeps records and maintains the functionality of communication and controls systems.
- Repairs and adjusts motors, pumps, engines, valves and other apparatus to meet changing operating conditions.
- General grounds maintenance i.e grass cutting, snow and ice control
- Cleans and services pumps, engines, motors and other equipment and portable generator operation, boiler operations and heavy machinery operations
- Makes repairs and/or reports defects to Maintenance Supervisor
- Paints, cleans and does other maintenance to buildings and grounds
- Required to be “on-call” for response to alarms and emergencies at the CWP and lift stations; may be required to operate emergency generators and other
- Performs all preventive and corrective maintenance at lift stations and performs work in compliance with CMOM program
- Inspects and maintains safety equipment including all confined entry equipment and fall protection equipment; sets up and performs entries in accordance to the safety program
- Fabrication or installation of plant and lift station equipment
- Performs work in tanks, confined spaces and high locations
- Performs preventative, corrective, predictive and custom maintenance activities within the CWP and lift stations
Graduation from a technical school or college with an Associate’s Degree or equivalent in electronics and mechanical operations related to wastewater treatment plant operations or related trades, and 4 – 6 years of experience in wastewater treatment plant and lift station operations; or any equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the following knowledge, ability and skills:
- Operating characteristics and maintenance requirements of a wastewater treatment plant. Hydraulic, chemical and mechanical principles related to wastewater treatment plant operations. The use of electrical meters, testers and standby generators and heavy equipment
- Mechanical and electrical operations, welding and plumbing.
- Occupational hazards and the proper safety methods and procedures used to avoid or minimize risks.
- The use of specialized equipment used in the maintenance and repair of WWTP lift stations.
- The use of standard office equipment including computers and relevant software programs. (e.g., HMI, GIS and SCADA).
- Diagnose mechanical operations equipment problems and determine proper remedial measures. Use plant monitoring and control software.
- Make appropriate repairs to lift station equipment, buildings and grounds.
Valid Wisconsin driver’s license with an excellent driving record; the ability to complete a pre-employment post offer physical to include drug and alcohol screening upon hire; requires certification(s) in 2 or more of the following: HVAC, electromechanical; plumbing, welding and/or heavy equipment operation; DNR General Wastewater Operator certification, Wastewater subclasses – within one year of hire.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE FILED ONLINE AT: http://www.waukesha-wi.gov
201 Delafield Street, Room 205, Waukesha, WI 53188, 262-524-3744