Municipal Water System Surveyor
HydroCorp – Wausau, WI
Our business is growing! We are accepting applications for a full-time position in the Wausau, WI area.
Under the general direction of the Municipal Division Regional Manager, the Cross-Connection Control Inspector conducts inspections at client/water user facilities for the purpose of preventing either backflow or back-siphonage of possible contaminants/pollutants into the potable water system.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- This position does require approximately 25% – 30% overnight travel outside of the Wausau area.
- Inspect businesses, residential homes, commercial and industrial establishments and other types of buildings and operations which are covered by state and local cross connection laws and codes.
- Inspect water inlets and points of use advising water consumers of necessary protective devices that must be installed/properly maintained.
- Conducts follow-up inspections to ensure that devices/assemblies have been properly installed and/or recommendations have been implemented.
- Manages daily client communications, data and reporting.
- Maintains necessary inspection reports and notices using computerized system.
- Coordinates inspection scheduling and meets quality/quantity requirements.
- Provide for excellence in internal and external customer service. Create a positive experience for customers, water users and communities through professional and courteous behavior and producing high quality results.
- Ability to resolve client and water user problems and answer technical questions in a timely and responsive manner as needed.
- Recommend and lead efforts to improve existing processes, quality or client satisfaction.
Essential Skills & Qualifications:
- Minimum of two years field experience in Cross-Connection Control inspections and backflow prevention preferred OR two years’ experience in plumbing industry, backflow prevention assembly testing or water distribution system operation.
- Knowledgeable in state and local Cross-Connection Control Guidelines & Plumbing Code.
- Certified training in backflow prevention and Cross-Connection Control through one or more of the following agencies: University of Wisconsin – Madison, Wisconsin Rural Water Association, ASSE, UF-TREEO, USC Foundation for Cross-Connection Control, ABPA or comparable certification/training.
- Overnight travel to client communities may be required (up to 30%).
- Working knowledge of plumbing and water distribution systems.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong ability to use a keyboard and word processing, spreadsheet programs or other application software as required for the position.
- Knowledge of basic mechanical concepts pertaining to fluid dynamics.
- Ability to create and maintain highest levels of confidentiality when dealing with proprietary information and sensitive situations.
- Ability to multi-task, meet deadlines and maintain organization in a fast paced, changing environment.
- Able to work with minimum supervision.
- Able to stand on feet, bend or stoop for a prolonged period of time. Some of the work is performed outdoors and through inclement weather as necessary.
- Able to carry out duties in a safe and efficient manner.
- Ability to interpret blueprints and engineering drawings
- Starting Salary: $43,000 – $48,000 depending on experience and qualifications
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance, Short & Long-Term Disability, Company Matching 401k, and more
- Auto Allowance
- Paid Vacation/Paid Sick Time
- Eight Paid Holidays
HydroCorp is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, citizenship, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, medical condition, veteran status, disability, genetic information, gender identity or other characteristics protected by law.
Must be willing to undergo a background check/drug screening in accordance with local law/regulations. This position requires a valid driver’s license.
To apply, please email resumes to email@example.com