Village of Cleveland (Pop 1576) — Are you a utility worker stuck in the plant? A manager wanting to get hands-on again? In public works but wanting to learn more, do more, day to day? Our small Village on Lake Michigan has an opening for an operator in the Department of Public Works. This position works inside and outside, and no two days are the same. Duties include maintenance of the Village’s water, wastewater, and public works infrastructure, with additional duties as directed.
- Water, sanitary and municipal experience preferred; construction, trade, or farm experience considered.
- Water and wastewater operator certifications desirable. Building inspection, zoning, or forestry, a plus.
- Competency using computer and mobile phone technology.
- Ability to communicate productively in English, accept responsibility, and generate solutions.
- Valid Wisconsin Driver’s License. No CDL required.
- Rotational on-call coverage, holiday, and weekend work required.
- Uniforms provided.
- Full-time or part-time hours, depending on skills and experience; limited benefits for part-time.
- Pre-employment physical and drug screen required.
- Anticipated pay range $20.00 to $30.00 per hour; final rate based on qualifications.
More information and application requirements at www.clevelandwi.gov/employment.
Position open until filled.