City of Fond du Lac, Wisconsin, is a beautiful and thriving community of 43,151 located at the foot of Lake Winnebago. Fond du Lac is a great place to live and work and its recreational opportunities are second-to-none. In addition, Fond du Lac is only an hour away from Green Bay, Milwaukee, and Madison and all those communities have to offer.
The City of Fond du Lac is accepting applications for the position of Plumbing/Heating Inspector in the Community Development Department. This full-time position reports directly to the Chief Inspector and will perform inspections of new and reconstructed plumbing installations, sewer connections, wells, and related installations; and provide information and assistance to contractors and homeowners regarding plumbing codes and other regulations.
Essential duties and responsibilities include:
- Conduct rough in and final inspections of new construction and reconstruction of industrial, commercial, and residential plumbing system installations within the City; inspect connections with main sewer to ensure connections are made properly; inspect and test building sewers and building drains.
- Perform plan reviews for proposed plumbing and sewer installations for compliance with State and other codes and regulations; provide information to contractors, designers and owners regarding recent code interpretations; provide various informational materials as appropriate.
- Assist engineers and property owners regarding clear water separation; issue orders for the separation of sanitary and storm sewers; inspect corrected connections for compliance with order.
- Investigate sewer backups to determine cause of problems and take appropriate action.
- Inspect heating systems to ensure compliance with State codes.
- Provide information and assistance to homeowners regarding plumbing installations by providing code and consultation services.
- Inspect air and water tests of water mains and sanitary mains under roads and terraces for private developments.
- Inspect private wells as required to obtain well permit.
- Provide assistance in updating local plumbing ordinance.
- Other duties as assigned.
Requirements include technical training in plumbing and heating systems, and six to nine years plumbing experience, or any combination of education and experience that provides equivalent knowledge, skills, and abilities. Must possess ability to operate a variety of plumbing tools and equipment including level and transit, air and water testing equipment, etc. Must be a Certified Master Plumber or Journeyman Plumber with the ability to obtain a Master within 3 months of hire. Must obtain a Commercial Plumbing Inspector and UDC HVAC Inspector credential. Additional Inspector credentials are encouraged. Excellent computer skills as well as interpersonal skills, communication skills, public speaking skills, and the ability to work effectively with citizens, developers and contractors highly recommended. Multi-lingual a plus.
The City of Fond du Lac offers a comprehensive benefit package including health insurance, life insurance, and Wisconsin Retirement. The salary range is $58,000 – $71,616 based upon qualifications and experience.
If you are interested in this excellent opportunity, please submit a completed application and resume describing your experience as it relates directly to this position along with copies of required certifications. Open until filled. You may obtain application materials by contacting City Human Resources at (920) 322-3624 or visiting https://www.fdl.wi.gov/employment.iml.