HELP WANTED – Public Works General Laborer w/Wastewater Operation Duties
Village of Baldwin is accepting applications for a full-time Public Works general laborer. The ideal candidate will have experience working with and maintaining heavy equipment in a municipal public works setting and have a strong interest in wastewater operations. The ideal candidate will be expected to obtain WI water and wastewater certifications and will work to understand and successfully operate the wastewater treatment plant with the potential to become the assistant wastewater operator. Duties are as follows and are assigned by the public works director:
General public works
- Patching streets
- Forming/pouring concrete
- Asphalt repairs
- Street sweeping
- Rebuilding/repairing catch basins
- Salting, plowing, and hauling snow in winter conditions
- Maintaining parks, mowing, weeding, tree trimming
- Vehicle/equipment maintenance
- Daily water/sewer maintenance tasks
- Hydrant maintenance
- Water meter maintenance
- Water tower maintenance
- Filing required DNR and other required reports
- Repair and maintain the wastewater treatment plant and collection system
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Basic computer and math skills
- Must be able to obtain WI Municipal General Water and Wastewater Operator certifications within 12 months of employment.
- Must have knowledge and experience working with heavy equipment
- Must be able to work weekends on a rotational basis.
- Must be available to work over-time on an as-needed basis.
- Must be self-motivated and willing to work.
- Successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screening
4-year bachelor’s degree in biology or related field
- Prior work experience with water/wastewater operations
- Class B CDL license with air brake endorsement; must be able to obtain a Class A CDL license within the first 6 months of employment.
- Two (2) years of full-time municipal public works experience.
Starting wage $24-26/hr depending on qualifications and experience. Application and full job description can be found at www.villageofbaldwin.com or picked up at the Village Administrative Office, 400 Cedar St., Baldwin, during normal business hours (M-F; 8-4:30).
Completed applications are due to the Village Administrative Office no later than 4:30pm on June 23, 2021. (Emailed submissions will NOT be accepted).