Village of Baldwin is accepting applications for a full-time Public Works general laborer. The ideal candidate will have experience working within a municipal public works setting with a wide variety of skills. An example of duties are as follows and are assigned by the public works director:
- Use of heavy equipment
- Use of general tools/mechanical equipment
- Street maintenance/repairs
- Street sweeping
- Rebuilding/repairing catch basins
- Salting, plowing, and hauling snow in winter conditions
- Maintaining parks, mowing, weeding, tree trimming
- Vehicle/equipment maintenance
- Loading, hauling, dumping refuse
- Must be able to work every sixth weekend on a rotational basis.
- Must be available to work over-time on an as-needed basis.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Full-time municipal public works and/or mechanical/construction experience
- Class B CDL license with air brake endorsement; must be able to obtain a Class A CDL license within the first 6 months of employment.
- Must be self-motivated and willing to work independently
- Successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screening
Starting wage $22-30/hr depending on qualifications and experience. Exceptional benefits package and state retirement are offered.
Application and full job description can be found at www.villageofbaldwin.com or picked up at the Village Administrative Office, 400 Cedar St., Baldwin, during normal business hours (M-F; 8-4:30). Completed applications are due to the Village Administrative Office no later than 4:30pm on February 3, 2023. Applications can be mailed to Village of Baldwin, PO Box 97, Baldwin, WI 54002. (Emailed submissions will NOT be accepted).