STREET MAINTENANCE WORKER
City of Fond du Lac, Wisconsin, is a beautiful and thriving community of 43,151 located at the foot of Lake Winnebago. Fond du Lac is a great place to live and work and its recreational opportunities are second-to-none. In addition, Fond du Lac is only an hour away from Green Bay, Milwaukee, and Madison and all those communities have to offer.
We offer opportunities to make a positive impact on the local community as well as a flexible working environment and future promotional opportunities in alignment with succession and career path.
We are seeking qualified candidates that enjoy working outside for the essential position of Street Maintenance Worker within the Construction & Maintenance Division.
Qualifications and/or knowledge and willingness to learn the following include:
- Using concrete, asphalt and aggregates to repair streets
- Rebuild and repair Storm water and Sanitary infrastructure
- Participate in annual leaf collection program
- Plow, salt, load, and haul snow
- Haul and dump refuse
- Routine vehicle maintenance; i.e. check oil, tire pressure, battery
- Maneuver equipment trailer behind a dump truck
- Possession of a valid Wisconsin Commercial “Class A” Driver’s License without air brake restrictions and with tanker endorsement within 90 days of hire (in-house training available).
Desirable Training and Experience:
- Prior experience in landscape, construction or agricultural operations
The City of Fond du Lac offers a comprehensive benefit package including health, dental, vision, life, long-term disability, 457 and Roth retirement plans, paid time off, educational opportunities, and participation in the Wisconsin Retirement System.
Starting salary range – $19.81 – $22.64/hour based upon knowledge, skills, and abilities with potential to receive annual COLA and step increases pending City Council approval of budgets.
If you are interested in this excellent opportunity, please submit a City application found at https://www.fdl.wi.gov/hr/street-maintenance-worker/ or a detailed resume and cover letter describing your interest and experience as it relates directly to this position to Jackie Braatz.
Open until filled.
Equal Opportunity Employer