- This event has passed.
An Introduction to Utility GIS and Web Mapping/Mobile Data Collection (6 Municipal Waterworks, Municipal Wastewater, PDH Credits)
February 19 @ 8:00 am - 2:30 pm
Utilizing a Geographic Information System (GIS) to store and manage utility asset information is quickly changing the way many utility organizations collect and manage data as well as how they interact with their customers and communities. Traditional methods of data entry and data management typically relied on using pen and paper which often resulted in tedious and inefficient workflows. A GIS provides an interactive, reliable and cost-effective solution to improving the efficiency of these workflows. It provides significantly improved capabilities over traditional pen and paper methods by allowing users to create, edit and safely store information.
During this introductory GIS training course, operators will gain hands-on experience using various GIS applications to create and edit information and how they can be used to perform inspections and manage inspection records.
Note: Please bring a smartphone or mobile device for the training.
- Introduction to GIS – 8:00 am – 8:30 am
- Introduction to ArcGIS Online – 8:30 am – 9:30 am
- Hands on introduction to Survey123 – 9:30 am – 10:30 am
- Hands on introduction to Collector 10:30 am – 11:30 am
- Lunch – 11:30am – 12:00 pm
- Performing Inspections and collecting data using Collector – 12:00 pm – 2:00 pm
- Wrap Up – 2:00pm – 2:30pm
Speaker: Ryan Dudley and Kyle Engelking, Symbiont