HOW TO MAP YOUR SYSTEM AND MANAGE YOUR ASSETS WITH GIS
(6 Municipal Waterworks, Municipal Wastewater, PDH Credits)
8:00 am – 3:00 pm
October 15, 2019 – Milton City Hall, 710 S Janesville St, Milton WI
October 16, 2019 – WRWA Technology Center, 351 Water Way, Plover WI
October 17, 2019 – Ashwaubenon Village Hall, 2155 Holmgren Way, Green Bay WI
This will be a hands-on course where we walk through the process of mapping your sewer or water system into a Geographical Information System (GIS). We will go over different mapping techniques ranging from low-accuracy point and click to high-accuracy use of a GPS device. We will discuss various applications of GIS and walk through several common scenarios of how you and your team can make practical use it every day.
- Setup: Walk through setting up GIS software on computers
- Dive In: With guidance from instructor each attendee will create a blank map of their community and start mapping a few points.
- Mapping Techniques: Instructor will discuss recommended procedures for systematically mapping your system followed by more hands-on time at desk.
- GPS: Discussion of GPS/GNSS options and techniques for higher precision mapping .
- GIS features: walk through some slightly more advanced scenarios such how to send or receive GIS data to or from others, how to customize your GIS data.
- Maintenance: Discuss methods of keeping track of maintenance history such as note logging, picture taking, log sheets, and work orders.
- Hand-On: As time permits, attendees can continue to practice the techniques learned in previous topics with help from instructors
[button color=”blue” size=”small” link=”https://wrwa.wpengine.com/municipal-non-fee-training/” target=”blank” ]Sign-Up Online[/button] How to May Your System & Manage Your Assets with GIS