- This event has passed.
Pump Repair & Maintenance (6 Municipal Water Credits, 6 Municipal Wastewater Credits)
January 23 @ 7:30 am - 2:30 pm
Pump Repair & Maintenance
One Day seminar on Flygt equipment geared towards Repair and Maintenance.
January 23, 2019 – Fox Lake – Community Center, 248 E State St. Fox Lake, WI, 53933 THIS CLASS IS FULL
February 26, 2019 – Pewaukee – Flygt Office, N27 W23292 Roundy Drive, Pewaukee, WI 53027 THIS CLASS IS FULL
The purpose of this course is to acquaint the attendee with the construction, operation and maintenance of submersible pumps in general and Flygt pumps in particular. Course lecture will include Power Point presentations, videos and hands-on activities. The classes at Pewaukee and Oshkosh will start at 8:00am in the morning and end at 3:00pm. The classes at Fox Lake will start at 7:30 and end at 2:30pm. Classroom presentations and videos and in the afternoon will consist of bench/shop activities including the disassembly and re-assembly of a pump.
Water/Wastewater/Engineering Credits for Attendees
- Book used during all classroom lectures will be Flygt’s “Product Education Manual” and can be taken with the attendee at the end of the seminar.
- Dress will be casual. The handling of some equipment may be dirty.
- Class size is limited to 20 people when offered at a Flygt facility.
- 8:00 AM – 10:00 AM (Pewaukee and Oshkosh)
- 7:30 AM – 9:30 AM (Fox Lake)
Introduction/Mechanical – Flygt pumps (PowerPoint Presentation)
- Introduction to a Submersible pump
- Junction Chamber
- Terminal Board
- Stator/Cable Connections
- Cable Entry
- 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM (Pewaukee and Oshkosh)
- 9:30 AM – 11:30 AM (Fox Lake)
Motor/Stator/Dry Motor Compartments (PowerPoint Presentation, Video)
- Pump Rotation
- Nameplate Data
- Motor Housing Overview
- Stators (winding, insulation)
- Thermal Switches/Thermal Sensors
- Leak Detectors
- Monitor and Control Modules
- Motor Maintenance
- Stators (removal, installation)
- Bearings (removal, installation, lubrication)
- Shafts/Rotors (removal, installation
- Special Tools
- Introduction to Cooling Systems
- 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM (Pewaukee and Oshkosh)
- 11:30 AM – 12:30 PM (Fox Lake)
- 1:00 PM – 3:00 PM (Pewaukee and Oshkosh)
- 12:30 PM – 2:30 PM (Fox Lake)
Tear Down and Reassemble a 5 and 10 HP pumps.