Utilities Water/Wastewater Operator
City of Bloomer is seeking an experienced qualified individual for an entry level, full-time position as a Utilities Water/Wastewater Operator.
Principal duties include, but not limited to, operations at Utility plant, lift stations, well station maintenance, distribution/collection system maintenance, hydrant maintenance and repair, utility locating, meter reading, water/wastewater sampling, 24-hour emergency callout, on-call rotating weekends and holidays, and all other day-to-day operations of the water and wastewater utilities. Periodical assistance may also be needed with snowplowing and other tasks as assigned.
The City of Bloomer offers a competitive wage and benefit package including health, life and dental insurance, paid holidays, vacation and sick leave, Wisconsin Retirement (WRS). The regular pay rate for this position will depend on the qualifications of the application. The City of Bloomer is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Valid WI driver’s license with satisfactory driving record.
- A commercial driver’s license (CDL) – Class B, or the ability to obtain within one year of hire.
- One to three years of responsible work experience in the water/wastewater field.
- Other combinations of training and/or experience which can be demonstrated to result in the possession of the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to perform the duties of this positions will also be considered.
Applications and full job description are available at City Hall, 1503 Main Street, Bloomer WI 54724 or by contacting the City Administrator at 715/568-3032 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for applications is March 12th.