City of Fond du Lac is accepting applications for the position of Utility Clerk II within the Department of Public Works Water Utility Division. The position is under general supervision to perform all duties necessary for the administration and coordination of Water Utility operations, and other duties as assigned.
- Flexible working environment
- Opportunities to make a positive impact on the local community
- Future promotional opportunities in alignment with succession and career path.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Assist walk in customers and customers over the phone with inquiries, complaints, investigation requests, and questions regarding current special programs offered through the utility. Set up new services, cancel existing services, transfer services, and maintain other applicable records necessary to maintain water service and accurate water billing information.
- Coordinate the investigations of abnormal water consumption between the Water Billing Clerk and Meter Service Workers. Compute billing credits associated with annual run allowances, pool fills, and other abnormal water consumptions as requested by customers or the Water Billing Clerk.
- Assist with the coordination and maintenance of daily work schedules between department staff and property owners, property managers, tenants, and contractors.
- Process all utility requisitions, and assign appropriate account numbers for billing. Investigate product information and vendor pricing prior to ordering. Work with vendors and compare historical information to negotiate better prices. Coordinate, assemble, and process contracts and maintenance agreements for annual utility services. Dispute and settle billing discrepancies for utility purchases.
- Create work orders for department staff as necessary and confirm its completion. Prioritize the work orders as necessary based on severity to minimize damage and water service disruption.
- Research, prepare and send special assessment reports to City Clerk’s office when requested.
- Assist with the monitoring of daily water consumption of approximately 16,000 accounts using AMA (advance meter analytics) software.
- Serve on City wellness team
- Exceptional at multi-tasking, organizing, prioritizing, and versatility
- Ability to deal with difficult people
- Outstanding customer service and communication skills
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Knowledge of basic accounting practices is beneficial with strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to maintain the Utility’s website, social media platforms, and other community outreach initiatives. Desirable Training and Experience:
- Graduation from high school or equivalent
- Associate’s degree preferred
- Two or more years of responsible office work experience.
The City offers a comprehensive benefit package including health, dental and life insurance, as well as participation in the Wisconsin Retirement System. Starting salary range – $19.04 – $21.22 based upon qualifications. Applications will be reviewed upon receipt with first set of interviews being conducted after April 25th. Open until filled.
Applications are available in the City Human Resources office on the 4th floor of the City-County Government Center, or by calling (920) 322-3624; as well as on the City website – www.fdl.wi.gov.
Equal Opportunity Employer