The City of Neenah Water Utility has an immediate opening for a well-organized, detail- oriented, energetic person for the position of Utility Maintenance Distribution Technician.
As a Water Utility Distribution Maintenance Technician, you will be responsible for repairing and installing water mains, water services, valves, and hydrants. You will have the opportunity to:
- Assist with maintenance at the water treatment plant
- Perform occasional water meter readings
- Install water meters
- Inspect cross connections
- Be included on the after-hours and emergency response call-out list
You will love it here if..
- You enjoy working outdoors
- You like working with your hands
- You want to be a part of improving the community
We need you to have:
- At minimum a high school education
- Three years of experience in water distribution, heavy construction or meter reading.
- Possess and maintain a State of Wisconsin Water Operator Distribution certification within one year.
- Possess a State of Wisconsin CDL within three months.
- Pass all required health and physical exams
- The ability to work in confined spaces while wearing a self-contained breathing apparatus
- Good customer service and communication skills
- Basic computer skills
- The ability to work in trenches
- The ability to operate a dump truck and backhoe/front end loader