You can make magic happen. After all, isn’t clean water coming into our homes, wastewater leaving our homes and rainwater having a place to go magic? Our Utility District Field Operators are responsible for operating and maintaining Utility District equipment, cleaning and flushing the wastewater collections system, water distribution system and storm sewer system, and the installation and reading of water meters, along with all the other necessary tasks to keep the Utility District running efficiently.
What we have to offer:
- The ability to serve your community and make a lasting impact on the Village of Caledonia
- Greater job security than in private industry
- The best and most secure pension system in the country
- Starting wage between $25.50 and $33.20 per hour depending on qualifications plus annual merit increases.
- A great health insurance plan. Caledonia contributes 85% of the premium costs.
- Dental insurance with 50% covered by Caledonia.
- Sick leave- 1 day per month for each completed month of employment.
- Ten paid holidays AND two floating holidays per year.
- A generous vacation policy.
- Tuition reimbursement of 100% up to $2,000/per year.
- Voluntary vision and disability insurance plans.
- Life Insurance.
What we are looking for:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Mechanical aptitude.
- 2 full years of experience as a Utility District Operator in Training or similar experience required.
- Someone who lives within a 15 mile radius of the Utility District building located at 333 4 ½ Mile Rd.
- A valid Wisconsin Class B Commercial Driver’s license with tanker endorsement.
- Water Distribution Licenses, Bloodborne Pathogen, Confined Space Entry, and CPR/First Aid certifications.
For a complete job description, go to https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/caledonia-wi/jobs/3229536/utility-district-field-operator; this is also where you can submit your resume. Please direct questions to Michelle Tucker at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The position is open until filled with first review of applicants on October 1, 2021.