The Village of McFarland has an immediate opening for Public Works Director in the Village’s Public Works Department. The Public Works Director will be responsible for directing and administering the activities of the Public Works Department, including construction and maintenance of streets and sidewalks; construction and maintenance of water, sanitary sewer, and stormwater utilities; vehicle and equipment maintenance; solid waste collection; and maintenance of municipal facilities and parks. The work involves:
- Planning and coordinating the programs and services of the department.
- Selecting, training, and supervising departmental employees.
- Formulating departmental goals and short/long range plans.
- Preparing and administering the departmental budget.
- Establishing standard operating policies and procedures for the department.
The qualified candidate will possess the following education and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, public works, public administration, construction management, or related field.
- Minimum of ten (10) years progressively responsible experience in the public works or utility fields, including five to seven years of experience in a supervisory and administrative capacity.
- Any combination of education and experience which in the sole discretion of the Village would demonstrate the ability to meet the required knowledge, skills and abilities for the position may also be considered.
Starting salary range is $96,253 to $129,942 (depending on qualifications) with an excellent benefit package, including health insurance, participation in Wisconsin Retirement System, ample paid time off and much more.
Full position description and application can be found at www.mcfarland.wi.us/employment. Application deadline is November 23, 2022 by 4:00 pm.
The Village of McFarland is an equal opportunity employer.