City of Beaver Dam Utilities is accepting applications for the position of Utility Maintenance Operator in the Water Utility Department. The primary role of this position will be operation of the Water Utility Centralized Softening Facility. This position requires the employee to work week days 1:00 PM until 9:30 PM.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Operation and maintenance of the water utility softening treatment plant
- Operation and maintenance of distribution system equipment such as wells, towers, booster stations, etc.
- Use of computers for data entry and records.
- May assist in maintenance, repairs, and replacement of water laterals, hydrants, valves
- Basic knowledge of water utility system processes and equipment.
- Basic knowledge of water supply and distribution system infrastructure including mains, hydrants, and services
- Ability to work with computer applications relative to data entry
- Certification as a licensed State of WI Waterworks Operator in Grade-G, D, L within 24 months of employment
- Certification as a licensed State of WI Waterworks Operator in Grade-G, D, L.
- Working knowledge of water treatment processes.
- 1-5 years of experience in water system and distribution system maintenance
- Hourly with overtime and on call pay, also includes an excellent benefits package. Starting pay range is $27.63 – $30.92 /hour dependent upon State of WI DNR certification and experience.
- Monday through Friday, 1:00 PM until 9:30 PM
- Rotating weekend schedule (every 5th to 6th weekend)
In order to be considered as a valid application you will need to submit a Cover Letter, Resume, and a completed City of Beaver Dam application for employment. Completed applications will be reviewed until position is filled.
(Please click on the following link or copy/paste to your browser for the employment application.)
Completed application, cover letter, and resume must be sent to:
Beaver Dam Utilities
Attn: Jeremy Klug
108 Myrtle Road
Beaver Dam, WI 53916
Or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org