The Division of Adult Institutions is currently recruiting for a Utility Plant Operator vacancy. This position will be located at Kettle Moraine Correctional Institution in Plymouth, WI.
This position will provide for operation, repair and preventative maintenance of the institution sewage disposal plant, potable water system and assist other maintenance mechanics in other areas as requested.
The starting pay is $25.60 per hour plus excellent benefits. Pay on appointment for current state employees may vary according to the applicable pay transaction provisions of the Compensation Plan and Wisconsin Administrative Code. The pay schedule/range is 03-15. A 12-month probationary period will be required.
In addition to meaningful and rewarding work, we offer a competitive benefits package featuring:
- Substantial leave time including at least 3.5 weeks of vacation to start, nine paid holidays, and ample accrued sick time that rolls over each year.
- Excellent and affordable health, vision, and dental benefits
- Flexible work schedules depending on the position’s requirements.
- An exceptional pension plan with employer match and lifetime retirement payment, plus an optional tax advantaged 457 retirement savings plan
- Well Wisconsin Wellness Program
- A free and confidential employee assistance program that offers employees and their immediate family dependents a variety of tools, resources, and professional consultation services to support their health, goals, and overall well-being
Applicants must be legally entitled to work in the United States (i.e., a citizen or national of the U.S., a lawful permanent resident, an alien authorized to work in the U.S. without DOC sponsorship) at the time of application. The Department of Corrections will conduct criminal background checks on applicants prior to selection to determine whether the circumstances of any conviction may be related to the job being filled. Upon hire, all new DOC employees are subject to fingerprinting.
- Must be able to work in confined spaces and wear equipment prescribed under Department of Commerce rules on confined spaces. This includes breathing apparatus and safety harness.
- Physical ability to independently perform lifting of up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to work in conditions of extreme heat, cold, dampness and dust.
- Possession of valid Wisconsin Driver’s License.
Minimally qualified applicants will meet the below criteria:
- Upon appointment, must possess Basic Wastewater Operator Certification, (A1) Biological Treatment- Suspended Growth Processes, (B) Solids Separation, and (C) Solids Treatment, (L) Laboratory, and (SS) Sanitary Sewage Collection and(N) Nitrogen Removal. Costs for certifications and testing will be at the employee’s expense.
- Within twelve (12) months of appointment, must possess (T) Operator-in-Training Waterworks operator certification.
- Within twenty-four (24) months of appointment, must obtain Grade 1 Waterworks WDNR Operator Certification, sub-grades (D) Distribution & (G) Groundwater. Costs for certifications and testing will be at the employee’s expense.
Interested candidates must apply for the position on wisc.jobs in order to be considered.
If you would like more information or have any questions feel free to reach out to Bridget Zenner, Human Resources Director at Kettle Moraine Correctional Institution – 920-526-9205 or Bridget.Zenner@wisconsin.gov
The State of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer seeking a diverse and talented workforce.