City of Bloomer is seeking an experienced qualified waterworks operator to join our Water/Wastewater Utility.
This is a full-time position that will work primarily in the water utility and is expected to learn all phases of the utility operations and obtain the required State Certifications as required by the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources.
Principal duties include, but not limited to, hydrant maintenance and repair, utility locating, meter reading, working with wells, water towers and reservoirs, water/wastewater sampling, 24-hour emergency callout, on-call rotation, and all other day-to-day operations as required by department. Periodical assistance may be required with snowplowing.
The City of Bloomer offers a competitive wage and benefit package including health, life and dental insurance, paid holidays, vacation and sick leave, Wisconsin Retirement (WRS). The rate of pay is $24.00 – $26.00 per hour dependent on qualifications.
- High School diploma or
- Associate Degree in a related field and/or State of Wisconsin DNR certification as a Municipal Water Supply Operator preferred.
- Valid WI driver’s license with satisfactory driving
- A commercial driver’s license (CDL) – Class B, or the ability to obtain within one year of
- Preferably three to five years of responsible work experience in the water/wastewater
- Other combinations of training and/or experience which can be demonstrated to result in the possession of the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to perform the duties of this positions will also be considered.
To apply, submit a cover letter, resume and application to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to City of Bloomer, Attn: City Administrator, 1503 Main Street, Bloomer, WI 54724. A complete job description can be found at www.ci.bloomer.wi.us/employment.
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
The City of Bloomer is an Equal Opportunity Employer