POSITION OPEN: Waste Water Treatment Operator
SALARY CLASS: 04-1
STATUS: Full Time
REPORTS TO : Gilbert Adams, Wastewater Supervisor
LOCATION: Arcadia Plant (Pilgrim’s)
POSITION SUMMARY: The Waste Water Treatment Operator performs operations ands maintenance duties on the company’s wastewater collection and treatment system, including monitoring, operating and maintaining equipment in compliance with standard operating procedures (SOPs) and regulatory requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned
1. Responsible for performing the tasks associated with the Bi-product/ Wastewater Operator.
2. Responsible for loading and moving Bi-Product trailers and tankers.
3. Responsible as daily point of contact for Bi-Product trailer deliveries and pick ups.
4. Responsible for filling out Bi-product Bill of Lading and attaching security seals where required.
5. Responsible for cleaning Wastewater Area and Equipment.
6. Responsible for monitoring Water/ Wastewater control systems and recording devices.
7. Responsible for conducting PMIs.
8. Responsible for reporting any mechanical or process breakages/ deficiencies to the Maintenance Dept. for repair.
9. Responsible for Daily Monitoring/ Lab testing of Wastewater Effluent for process control.
10. Assist with adjusting Wastewater Effluent Process Control to stay within discharge limits.
11. Responsible for Operating and Maintaining Blood Trough.
12. Responsible for Daily testing and operational maintenance of Plant Water Softeners.
13. Responsible for completing and organizing daily records and paperwork.
14. Clean and organize Wastewater Dept./ work areas.
15. Conduct snow removal according to plant needs as assigned.
16. Perform other duties as assigned (assist Dept. projects, assist Yard, etc.)
EXPECTATATIONS –all Team Members
- Observe & enforce all company personnel, quality, safety, and food safety policies.
- Maintains a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you work effectively and cooperatively with customers, clients, coworkers, and leadership teams.
- Participates in process improvement and problem solving utilizing continuous improvement and rational thinking methodologies such as Six Sigma, and participates in or supports the E$P program
- Recognizes and acts on incidents and safety risks. Consistently practices, and enforces safe work habits and drives those habits throughout the organization
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
- 1-2 years experience in the operations and maintenance of wastewater treatment plants associated ancillary and auxiliary equipment and distribution systems.
- Must posess or obtain within 12 months of employment a Wastewater Operator Certification.
- Must be able to read, write and comprehend the English language in order to communicate well.
- Must have knowledge of maintenance/waste water language and terminology to effectively communicate within the department as well as to technical persons over the phone.
- Show a comprehension of how to communicate effectively to individuals in a team setting.
- Must be able to lift, push, or carry up to 50lbs.
- Must have a valid drivers license.
SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION: Applications can be submitted on-line at www.pilgrims.com
An Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Disabled Encouraged to Apply
Pilgrim’s enforces a policy of maintaining a drug-free workforce, including pre-employment substance abuse testing.