Richland Center Renewable Energy, managed by The Probst Group
Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator – Richland Center, WI
Salary Range: $45,000 – $75,000 based on experience and certifications.
Position eligible for: overtime, on-call pay, call back pay, 3rd shift differential, holiday pay and bonuses.
Paid Training Provided
Richland Center Renewable Energy facility, managed by The Probst Group, has an exciting opportunity available! Our Operations Team is looking for a couple Wastewater Treatment Plant Operators in our Richland Center, WI facility who want to develop their career and learn more about Industrial Wastewater. The Probst Group is the national leader in dairy food production wastewater, and partners with multiple organizations through the United States. These positions are available due to our growing Operations team.
Wastewater Operators receive paid on-the-job training and are compensated for passing basic and advanced WI DNR certifications.
The Probst Group was officially formed in 2008, but team members have been providing true, customized solutions focused on the individual needs of every client for 30+ years. We are proud to offer unparalleled experience in industrial wastewater engineering and operations.
The Probst Group offers a full benefit package available for full-time employees. Benefits include:
- Holiday Pay
- Personal Time Off
- Paid training
- Continuing education
- Fully Vested 401(k)
- Health insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision insurance
- Flexible spending account (FSA)
- Short and long term disability programs
Additionally, we host numerous events throughout the year such as holiday parties, contests, company picnics, and many others to keep our employees engaged and enjoying their work!
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply at: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/Apply/1634957/The-Probst-Group-LLC/Wastewater-Treatment-Plant-Operator
Expectations for the Wastewater Operator:
- Collect and analyze wastewater samples.
- Complete required logs and reports.
- Make process and chemical adjustments.
- Manage dewatered solids storage.
- Complete daily checklists.
- Maintain equipment (pump, motors, instrumentation, etc.).
- On-call rotating nights and weekends.
- Other Duties as assigned.
Requirements for the Wastewater Operator:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be able to respond within a 45-minutes when on call.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Must have a good work history and attendance record.
- Good problem solving, communication, and troubleshooting skills.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally.
- Must be able to climb stairs, bend, stoop, walk over uneven surfaces, and be able to utilize hand and power tools.
- Ability to obtain WI WWTP Operator Certifications for the following subclasses. Additional compensation available for completing basic and advanced certifications.
- A1 – Suspended Growth Processes (Activated sludge and variants)
- A5 – Anaerobic Treatment of Liquid Waste (High strength liquid waste treatment system)
- B – Solids separation (Clarifiers, membranes, filters, tertiary phosphorus removal, etc)
- C – Biological solids/sludge handling, processing, and reuse (aerobic and anaerobic digestion, thickening, dewatering, land application
- P – Total Phosphorus
Preferred Experiences for the Wastewater Operator:
- Previous maintenance of industrial equipment
- Previous experience operating skid steer and forklift
- Preferred experience with MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Hands-on knowledge of wastewater treatment equipment, including blowers, pumps, motors, actuated valves, etc.
- 3-5+ years Wastewater experience preferred
Veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.