VILLAGE OF NEW GLARUS POSITION AVAILABLE
POSITION TITLE: Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator – Advanced
SUMMARY: The Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator is a highly responsible and independent position for the Village of New Glarus. The WWTP Operator performs skilled technical work in the operation, maintenance and repair of a wastewater treatment plant, making daily inspections to ensure plant and process equipment is in proper working order, maintaining files and records, preparing reports, and related work as apparent or assigned. Work is performed under the general direction of the Public Works Director/Utility Superintendent.
- Must be an advanced level operator with certifications in the following subclasses
- A1 – Suspended Growth Processes
- B – Solids Separation
- C – Biological Solids/Sludges
- P – Total Phosphorus
- D – Disinfection
- SS – Sanitary Sewage Collection System
- Valid Wisconsin Driver’s License upon hire and ability to obtain a commercial driver’s license in the State of Wisconsin within 60 days.
- Must be 18 years of age upon the first day of employment.
- State of Wisconsin Water Operator Certification is a plus, but not required.
COMPENSATION: $25-$30 per hour depending on qualifications
HOW TO APPLY: Application form and full job description may be obtained from the Village website, https://www.newglarusvillage.com/government/employment. Applications and resumes should be sent to Joe Cockroft, 319 2nd Street P.O. Box 399, New Glarus, WI 53574. Questions regarding the position should be directed to Joe Cockroft at (608) 558-5771.
CLOSING DATE: Open Until Filled
THE VILLAGE OF NEW GLARUS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER