CITY OF BEAVER DAM UTILITIES – EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
TITLE: WASTEWATER AND WATER SYSTEMS ELECTRICIAN
CHARACTERISTIC WORK OF THIS POSITION
Under the direction of the Director of Utilities and/or the Water Utility Supervisor, performs any combination of the following tasks pertinent to maintaining, controlling, and operating of the Wastewater Treatment Plant, Lift Stations, and Water Utility systems. Performs various other tasks as directed.
Primary Job Elements:
- Maintenance and troubleshooting of computer control systems, programmable logic controllers, boiler systems, and HVAC controls.
- Installs, maintains, and troubleshoots flow measurement meters, level control systems, electrical instruments, electrical controls & motors.
- Assists in the maintenance of blowers, pumps, mixers, tanks, lift stations and all related wastewater treatment equipment including maintaining general cleanliness of the facility.
- Maintains electronic files and hard copy files of maintenance records, logs, manuals, drawings and other electrical/mechanical information.
Minimum Educational and Job Experience Requirements:
- Graduation from high school or GED equivalent.
- Journeyman Electrician License within 1 year of employment.
- Working knowledge of electrical, mechanical, and HVAC maintenance.
- Working knowledge of electrical installation, repairs, and troubleshooting in relation to pumps, motors, and motor control centers.
- Ability to perform electrical, mechanical, and HVAC maintenance duties.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to work and communicate with subcontractors.
- Ability to maintain accurate and complete electrical/mechanical maintenance records, and prepare clear and detailed reports.
Desirable Knowledge and Skills:
- Master Electrician License.
- Training or working knowledge of computers in regards to control systems, plc’s, and Microsoft office applications.
- General knowledge of maintenance and operation of a Wastewater Facility and Lift Stations.
- Working knowledge in repair and troubleshooting of pumps, motors, and VFD’s as they relate to a wastewater treatment facility.
- Certification as a Wastewater Operator or the ability to become certified after a period of employment.
- Normally Monday – Friday 7:00 AM – 3:30 PM (Summer hrs Mon-Thur: 9 hours, Friday: 4 hours)
- Rotating Weekends (every 4th to 5th weekend), Rotating Holidays
- 24 hour emergency calls
In order to be considered as a valid application you will need to submit a Cover Letter, Resume, and a completed City of Beaver Dam application for employment.
(Please click on the following link or copy/paste to your browser for the employment application.)
Completed application, cover letter, and resume must be sent to:
Beaver Dam Utilities
Attn: Jeremy Klug
108 Myrtle Road
Beaver Dam, WI 53916
Or emailed to email@example.com
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.