The City of Watertown (pop. 23,945), seeks applications from qualified individuals for the position of Water and Wastewater Utilities Manager.
Position administers planning and direction of operation and maintenance of the Wastewater Treatment Plant and its collection system and the Water Treatment Plant and its distribution system. This position supervises a staff of approximately 20 employees in the two divisions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Water Resource Management, Engineering, Chemistry, Biology or related field.
- Advanced Wisconsin Wastewater Operation Certifications in BioSolids/Sludge Handling, Processing and Reuse, Biological Treatment, Suspended Growth Processes, Disinfection, Laboratory, Nutrient Removal: Total Phosphorus, Sanitary Sewage Collection and Solids Separation.
- Wisconsin Drinking Water Operation Certifications in Groundwater, Distribution and Iron Removal.
- Seven years of progressively responsible experience in Water and Wastewater operations with at least three to five years directing the activities of staff, preferred.
- Strong leadership, management, budgeting, communication, and human relations skills required.
Equivalent combinations of training and experience will be considered. Starting salary range is $79,019‐$86,050 DOQ. Submit cover letter, resume with at least three references and City employment application to City Clerk Elissa Meltesen at firstname.lastname@example.org . Application deadline is noon, October 26, 2018. EOE.