City of Neenah Water Utility has an immediate opening for a well-organized, detail-oriented, energetic person for the position of Distribution Maintenance Technician.
As a Water Utility Distribution Maintenance Technician, you will be responsible for installing, repairing and maintaining water meters, water mains, water services, valves, and hydrants.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Be integral to the maintenance of the water distribution system
- Perform occasional water meter readings
- Install water meters
- Inspect cross connections
- Be included on the after-hours and emergency response call-out list
- Use the latest in GIS technology
- You can review the full job description by clicking the “Job Description” tab at the top of the com page.
You will love working here if…
- You enjoy being part of a team of professionals
- You enjoy working outdoors by yourself and with other staff
- You like working with your hands
- You want to be a part of a great community
We need you to have:
- A minimum of a high school diploma or GED
- Three years of experience in water distribution, utility locating, construction, or meter reading.
- A State of Wisconsin Municipal Operator Subclass D (Distribution) certification or be able to obtain one within one year.
- Possess or be able to obtain a State of Wisconsin CDL within six months.
- Pass all required health and physical exams
- The ability to work in all types of weather
- The ability to work in confined spaces and trenches
- Good customer service and communication skills
- Basic computer skills
- The ability to operate a dump truck and backhoe/front end loader when needed
- The ability to work by yourself and with others safely
Regular hours are 7a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday through Friday. Weekend work may be required on occasion. Overtime and availability during the on-call rotation and for emergencies will be required at times which may include evenings, weekends, and holidays.
We offer competitive benefits including health, dental, and life insurance, flex spending, state retirement plan, deferred comp program, sick leave, vacation, plus more.
How to Apply
To be considered for this position, please submit a resume and apply through our online application system, which can be found at http://agency.governmentjobs.com/neenahwi/default.cfm or through our website www.ci.neenah.wi.us, click on employment. Applications without a resume will not be considered. Applicants without computer access may apply at the Neenah Public Library via library computers.
Position will remain open until filled. Please submit your application as soon as possible.
The City of Neenah is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Not a good fit, but know someone who is? Please refer them!