Water Distribution Operator (In Training)-
City Water operates and manages several member utilities in District 2 (Mequon, Fox Point, Brown Deer). We are looking to hire a new Water Utility Operator for 2020.
Purpose: Entry level position as a water distribution operator performing the duties associated with the field operation for a public water system.
- Assist City Water staff in the field operations of the Mequon, Brown Deer and Fox Point water distribution systems, and assist with the MRMC distribution and collection systems
- Perform routine water distribution tasks including:
- Hydrant flushing and valve exercising
- Water meter installation and meter testing
- Perform water main break repairs
- Meter reading
- Water sampling
- After hours on-call response
- Provide excellent customer service to the client and citizens, as well fostering a positive, professional relationship with vendors, regulatory agencies, and municipal staff.
- Self-motivated individual with the ability to work in a team environment with minimal supervision
- Possess strong mechanical skills to repair related equipment such as: pumps, valves, water main, service laterals, hydrants, and water meters
- Regular attendance and punctuality are essential to this position
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Word – Excel)
- Valid driver’s license with clean driving record. Ability to obtain a Class B CDL within 1 year of hire date.
- High School diploma or GED (post HS education is a bonus)
- Live within 30 minutes of NE suburbs of Milwaukee
- Job Type: Full-time non-exempt position (40 hours per week)
- Salary: $20.00 to $22.00/hr for Operator 1 position, ability to work your way up to Operator 4 position with a max pay scale of $30/hr
- Bonus: Successful employees earn significant annual bonuses based on attitude, performance, and business success
- We offer an excellent compensation package including benefits.
- Medical insurance.
- Matching IRA.
- Paid vacation, sick and holiday.
- Family-friendly atmosphere.
Accepting applicants until Friday, December 6th
Apply today by sending your cover letter and resume to Jasmine at HR@citywaterusa.com