The City of Beaver Dam Utilities is accepting applications for the position of Utility Maintenance Operator in the Water Utility Department.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Operation and maintenance of the water utility lime softening treatment plant
- Assist in maintenance, repairs, and replacement of water laterals, hydrants, valves
- Installation, removal, and testing of water meters
- Operation and maintenance of all distribution system equipment such as wells, towers, booster stations, etc.
- Use of computers for meter reading, data entry, and GIS updating
- Basic knowledge of water utility system processes and equipment.
- Basic knowledge and ability in the excavation and repair of water supply and distribution system infrastructure including mains, hydrants and services.
- Ability to work with computer applications relative to meter reading, data entry, and GIS
- Ability to deal tactfully with water utility customers and maintain public relationships
- Certification as a licensed State of WI Waterworks Operator in Grade-G, D, L.
- Working knowledge of heavy equipment such as dump trucks, backhoe, and hydro-excavating.
- CDL license or the ability to obtain within 6 months of employment
- 1-5 years experience in water systems, heavy equipment operation, and distribution system maintenance
- Hourly with overtime and on call pay, also includes an excellent benefits package. Starting pay range is $25.38 – $27.58/hour depending on qualifications and State of WI DNR certification. http://www.cityofbeaverdam.com/egov/documents/1437160174_75332.pdf
In order to be considered as a valid application you will need to submit a Cover Letter, Resume, and a completed City of Beaver Dam application for employment. Completed applications must be received no later than March 22, 2019.
(Please click on the following link or copy/paste to your browser for the employment application.)
Completed application, cover letter, and resume must be sent to:
Beaver Dam Utilities, 108 Myrtle Road, Beaver Dam, WI 53916
Or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org