The Columbus Water & Light Department is accepting applications for the position of Water Utility Worker.
For this position, a few of the most important qualifications are: dependability, a strong work ethic, computer competency, excellent customer service skills and a willingness to learn.
Specific duties include:
- daily water plant readings / testing
- maintaining water plants and water plant equipment
- install, test, maintain all sizes of water meters
- turning valves
- flushing and maintaining of hydrants
- making repairs to damaged mains, services, hydrants and valves
- install water valves or hydrants
- tapping water main for new water services
- operate dump truck hauling materials and equipment to / from the job site
- operate hydro-vactor truck for hydro excavation activities
- assist in backfilling excavations
- stock work vehicle with necessary supplies
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
This position also requires the employee to be frequently available for emergency response off-shift work, 24/7. As well as participating in on-call weekend rotations every 4 to 5 weeks.
Working knowledge of water distribution systems, chemical addition to water, working knowledge of back hoe, skid loader and dump truck operation and maintenance; knowledge of motor vehicle laws; familiarity with construction zone safety practices and procedures; and ability to follow instructions. Possession of a valid Wisconsin Commercial “Class A” Drivers License without air brake restrictions and with tanker endorsement or the ability to obtain within one year from hire.
Desirable Training and Experience:
WDNR Water Supply Operator Certification in Groundwater, Distribution, Iron Removal and Zeolite Softening or the ability to become certified within one year (required).
Columbus Water and Light offers a comprehensive benefit package including health, dental, and vision insurance, as well as participation in the Wisconsin Retirement System. Salary range is $19.57 – $27.49 per hour depending on qualifications.
Applications are available at the Columbus Water and Light Office, CWL’s website – www.columbuswaterandlight.com or by calling (920) 623-5912. Position is open until filled.
Application deadline is April 16th, 2018 at 4:00 pm.
Columbus Water and Light is an Equal Opportunity Employer.