The Water/Wastewater Plant Operations Manager is responsible for delivery of safe and sufficient water to the City of Ashland (population 8,216) and processing of waste water prior to discharge into Lake Superior. Ashland is located in northern Wisconsin on the shores of Lake Superior and is known for historic murals, spectacular views and access to many outstanding recreational opportunities in the Chequamegon-Nicolet National Forest and Apostle Islands National Lakeshore regions.
The person selected will oversee day-to-day operation in both the Water and Waste Water Utility departments under the supervision of the Director of Public Works and will directly supervise a team of 10 staff. Responsibilities include:
- Submission of reports and responses to regulatory agencies
- Capital and long-range planning
- Community outreach and resident inquiries
- Fostering a culture of commitment to the organization’s objectives and team approach.
This is an exempt/salaried position with an annual salary based on experience.
- Associate’s degree or 60 credits from an accredited college or university with a coursework focus in environmental science, engineering, business administration or public administration. A Bachelor’s degree in environmental science, engineering, business administration or public administration is preferred.
- Five years of experience in water distribution systems including two years of supervisory experience. Grade 1 Surface Water Treatment and Distribution Operator Certification and General Waste Water with sub-class or ability to obtain within 12 months of the start date.
- A valid Wisconsin Motor vehicle operator license, or the ability to acquire one, is a continuing requirement of employment.
For more detailed information including our benefits package, please visit the Quick Links on the City of Ashland website www.coawi.org. Application deadline is July 24, 2018.
The City of Ashland does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, creed, color, national origin, sexual orientation, age or disability in employment or provision of service, programs or activities.