City of Rhinelander is accepting applications for a full-time Water/Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator 1-2. A strong mechanical aptitude is desired to successfully perform the operation and maintenance of the facility, lift stations, equipment, and water supply system to meet the objectives required while complying with regulatory requirements.
- High school diploma, Associates degree or GED equivalency; with experience using computers including word processing and maintenance programs.
- Prior experience in utility operation, service and maintenance of mechanical equipment and industrial electrical circuits, or the ability to demonstrate competence in this area.
- Possession of Wisconsin CDL, minimum Class BCD with air brake and tanker endorsement required. Partial endorsements with capability to complete will be considered for the right candidate
- Must obtain WDNR certification in wastewater operations upon successful completion of the probationary period, on the job training, and appropriate schooling.
- Pass the WDNR general wastewater exam within one year of employment and complete thereafter subclasses and continuing education credits to maintain required operator certification.
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: $21.30 – $25.89
The application and complete job description are available at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/rhinelanderwi/