City of Rhinelander is looking for a full-time Wastewater Operator to join our team. This position performs the operation and maintenance of water and wastewater facilities to meet the objectives required with ongoing utility operations which comply with regulatory requirements.
- High school diploma or GED equivalency; Experience using computers including word processing and maintenance programs.
- Prior experience in utility operation, service and maintenance of mechanical equipment and industrial electrical circuits or be able to demonstrate competence in this area.
- Possession of Wisconsin CDL, Class B and C with endorsement N is preferred. Capability to complete will be considered for the right candidate.
- Must obtain WDNR certification in wastewater operations upon successful completion of the probationary period, on the job training and appropriate schooling.
- Pass the WDNR general wastewater exam within one year of employment and complete thereafter subclasses and continuing education credits to maintain required operator certification.
They standard schedule for this position works five days a week and rotating positions with other team members, requiring weekend duties approximately once a month based on the rotation, as well as on-call for emergencies. This position is eligible for overtime with a starting hourly rate of $21.94 – $26.67 dependent on qualifications.
Visit our website at http://www.rhinelandercityhall.org click on the Information tab, select Employment and follow the link to apply.